Please join us for the national webcast of “Effective Mediation of Technology Litigation” involving trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement on December 12, 2018 from 12-2 p.m. PST. You may register at the following link: https://buff.ly/2JMvI0b It will also be presented live at the Santa Clara County Bar Association Seminar & Conference Center in San Jose, CA, and will be available On Demand thereafter.
I am serving as the Program Chair and Moderator of this interactive program presentation. A highly experienced panel of experienced Silicon Valley patent and trade secret litigators, mediators and a federal judge will focus on best practices in the timing, case assessment, presentations, settlement moves and final agreements and documentation in mediations. The panel consists of Hon. Susan van Keulen, United State Magistrate Judge, Northern District of California; Karen Boyd of Turner Boyd; Shella Deen of Hoge Fenton; Sara Petersen Graves of Bergeson LLP; and John V. Picone III of Hopkins Carley.
Panel topics include:
• When is the right time to mediate trade secret and patent infringement cases?
• Case assessment of liability and valuation of various damages scenarios
• Who should attend and dealing with attorneys’ eyes only protective orders?
• Effective mediation memoranda, pre-hearing conferences and oral presentations at the mediation
• Opening offers and settlement moves, avoiding or breaking impasse and closing the deal
• Final settlement agreements and documentation: monetary payment calculations, potential licensing terms, business relationships, equitable remedies and release versus covenant not to sue
Please join us live or on the webcast or on demand. You may register at the following link: https://buff.ly/2JMvI0b